This weekend welcomed back the Markthalle Kulinarium Burgenland – an indoor market held in the old stables of Esterházy Palace in Eisenstadt, Burgenland.
Featuring some of the best regionally grown and produced artisan food products in the area, the Markethalle Kulinarium provides a great introduction to Burgenland and Lower Austria’s organic gourmet products and culinary heritage.
An hour or two is plenty of time to visit the market and savour some of the local flavours. Make the most of your visit with a tour of Esterházy Palace or a stroll through the palace gardens.
Esterhazyplatz 4, 7000 Eisenstadt, Burgenland, Austria
The market runs twice a week from February 21st through to April 4th, 2015.
- Fridays: 12:30 pm – 5 pm
- Saturdays: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Local Vendors at the Markthalle:
- Biolandgut Esterházy – honey, pumpkin oil, wild meats and organic breads
- Selektion Vinothek Burgenland – wine
- Hans Bauer – prosciutto and wine
- MeiNa Naturfischzucht – fresh and smoked fish
- Josef Eder – fermented vinegars, apple juice and cider
- Kobersdorfer Schlossbräu – organic beer
- Fuchs Tej Kft. – cheese from Hungary
- Nittnaus – fresh vegetables, herbs, dried fruit and eggs
- Biobäuerin Resi Raser – sweet and savoury organic breads and pastries
- Erich Stekovics – preserves and pickles
- meineWeideGans – specialty meat products made from southern Burgenland’s free-range goose (Weidegans’)
- Hanni’s Honig – honey and honey-based products
- Silvia’s Fruchtwerkstatt – marmalades, chutneys, dips and liqueur
- Wurstmanufaktur PALATIN – fresh and smoked organic meats and sausage
- Konditorei Sket – coffee and pastries
- Pongo Straussenhof – fresh, smoked, and prepared ostrich meat products